Notice: If you were issued a Chinese visa prior to March 2022 your visa may still be valid.

  • Check the validity of your visa - China has reinstated visas issued prior to March 2022
  • If you hold a valid visa in an expired passport you may use that visa and your new passport to enter China- both passport must be presented.
  • If your name has changed and your visa no longer matches your new passport, your visa is invalid and you must apply for a new one.

China  - Expedited Visa Services

Visa to China
Country Information & Travel News

Our team can help you obtain your China Visa:

The article below provides important information about travel to China. For comprehensive Visa Application instructions, please see the specific Visa Requirements page for your Visa Type (business, tourist, etc). Our step-by-step instructions guide you through the process. We guarantee the accuracy of your application and expedite it with the appropriate Consulate. Our team is here to help with online chat, phone & email support.

Chinese Transit Visa

Chinese Transit (G) Visa


The main difference between a Chinese transit visa and a Chinese tourist visa is the validity of the visa.


A Chinese transit visa is valid for 7 days. To apply you would send your passport, a passport photo, visa application and a copy of your itinerary indicating the dates of transit through China.


A Chinese tourist visa is typically issued for 6 months validity with a stay of 30 days. The requirements are the same as the Chinese Transit visa except in addition you would need to submit a copy of your Hotel Reservation.


The fee is the same for both the Chinese Transit visa and the Chinese Tourist Visa.


We highly recommend you apply for a Tourist visa for the flexibility is provides.


  Who needs a Chinese Transit Visa?


Chinese Transit Visa (G Visa) is issued to an alien who transits through China. Visas are not required in the following circumstances:


1.Visa-free entry for visitors:


No visa is required for ordinary passport holders from Singapore, Brunei and Japan to visit China for up to 15 days for business, sightseeing, visiting relatives and friends or transit.


2.Visa-free transit:


*Visas are not required of aliens who hold air tickets to the final destination and have booked seats on international airliners flying directly through China, and will stay in a transit city for less than 24 hours without leaving the airport.


*Visas are not required of passport holders of the following countries, who transit through Pudong Airport or Hongqiao Airport of Shanghai, provided they hold valid passports, visas for the onward countries, final destination tickets and have booked seats, and stay in Shanghai for less than 48 hours:


Republic of Korea, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria, Greece, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland.

If you need assistance applying for a Chinese Transit Visa please click the link below and select Tourist visa- the application process is exactly the same.  Chinese Transit Visa

Here's How to Apply:

Select the Visa Type you need to find out more information about how to apply:

Do you need help?

If you need assistance applying for a passport, renewing your current passport or adding passport pages to your passport Passport Visas can help.

Select Passport

Email me this Page
Need more time to review the requirements? Save your place

Get Started...It's Easy


order online


send us your documents


receive your passport or visa

Featured by:
Privacy Seals Secured by Rapid SSL

© 2024 All rights reserved. | Privacy Policy