Getting a new passport can be an exciting event! If you are age 15 or younger let’s get started:
- Need your passport expedited within the next few weeks.
- US Passports issued to applicants 15 and under are valid for five (5) years.
- US Passports issued to minors cannot be renewed; A new passport must be issued.
Read the requirements below and start your order!
Child Passport Requirements
After placing your order you will be provided the mailing address of where to send your application documents for processing.
- Print two (2) copies of the (completed) passport application. One you present to the acceptance agent that will be used for processing your passport, and the second will serve as reference for us should there be questions regarding your application.
- Do not sign the form yet! See instructions under Authorization Process below.
- The application must be completed online - handwritten applications are not accepted.
- Need help with the DS-11 Application?
Complete the DS-11 Passport Application Form online and print.
Please print and complete two (2) copies of the Letter of Authorization
- The letter must be printed on 8 1/2 x 11 size paper. No other size paper is accepted.
- Passport applications for Minors, must enter child's name as applicant's name.
The DS-64 Statement must be completed if the most recent passport cannot be submitted.
Complete and sign the Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport DS-64
Your Certified Birth Certificate issued by state, county or city (if born in US) is required. Note: Applicants born in CA and TX must use the Long Form birth certificate. Birth abstracts are not accepted as proof of citizenship.
In addition please provide ONE of the following if applicable:
- Previous U.S. Passport- If you have a previously issued US passport it must be submitted. If you cannot locate the passport you must apply for a lost passport.
- Certificate of Citizenship or FS-240, DS-1350 (if born outside the US)
- Please thoroughly review the Parental Application Permission Documentation
- In addition parents will need to submit a form of ID. The best form of ID is a valid driver license. The license must have been issued a minimum of 4 months ago and display your photograph.
o If parent does not possess a driver’s license or a driver’s license that meets the stated requirements please review Alternate Proof of Identity
If one of the parents will not be present when applying please complete the Statement of Consent Issuance of a Passport to a Minor . The signature must be witnessed and notarized.
- Statement of Consent- to be completed by the non-applying parent or guardian when he or she will not be present at the time the applying parent or guardian submits the minor's application.
- Statement of Special Circumstances- to be completed by applying parent or guardian when the written consent of the non-applying parent or guardian cannot be obtained.
Why do I need an itinerary?
Provide a copy of one of the following. (Applicant's name must appear on documentation):
- Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country or;
- Copy of travel itinerary indicating dates of international travel or;
- Business travelers may submit a Sample Business Letter
Eyeglasses cannot be worn in your passport photo.
Passport Photo Style Regulations
$165.00 total Government Fees. You will write a check to the "US Department of State" for $140.00 (please write your date of birth on the memo line of the check) and pay cash in the amount of $25 to the Acceptance Agent (See Authorization Process below).
Important: Starter checks (checks without a pre-printed address) and 3rd party checks are not accepted.
Once you have completed the DS-11 passport application and have collected all of the supporting documents, both parents and minor must appear in front of an Acceptance Agent to have the passport application executed. If one of the parents cannot appear, please refer to Step #6 above. You must first visit an Acceptance Agent before sending us your passport application for processing. Why? The Acceptance Agent:
- Verifies your identity
- Verifies your documents are in order and collects the $25 Execution Fee
- Administers an oath in which you will swear that you are submitting true and correct information in support of your passport application. You will sign the application in front of the Acceptance Agent.
You will present the Acceptance Agent the following documents:
- 1. The unsigned DS11- to be signed in front of the Acceptance Agent
- 2. Letter of Authorization
- 3. Original proof of citizenship
- 4. Parent Proof of Identity
- 5. Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor DS-3053 (If applicable)
- 6. Proof of travel
- 7. Passport Photo
- 8. Check or money order payable to "US Department of State"
I'm ready to apply. How does the Authorization Process work?
You will present your documents to the agent who will verify your identity and review your documents. Let the agent know you will be using an expediting service to "hand carry" your application. If everything is in order you will be asked to sign the application. The agent will then place the application and documents inside an envelope and seal it with time and date sensitive stamps. Make sure the agent returns the sealed envelope to you- DO NOT open it or the authorization process will be invalidated.
You are now ready to send us the sealed envelope. If the agent has not written the applicant's full name, date of birth and date of departure on the outside of the sealed envelope please take a minute to do so (if more than one application was executed please add information for all applicants to the outside of the sealed envelope). Please place the following items inside a single envelope or package and send them to us for processing:
- The sealed envelope authorized by the acceptance agent
- A copy of the DS-11 and a copy of the Letter of Authorization
- Your payment if not paying online
- Order confirmation- this will be available to print after you place your order
Common Passport Application Authorization Problems
Order a Passport
Save Yourself Time and Hassle
Our Service Options
Order online - complete your application at your own pace.
Our award-winning customer service team is here to assist. When complete, send us your application for processing.
Order online - add this upgrade during checkout. We will assist you in completing your visa application during a convenient phone appointment.
You will receive a professionally prepared application after the call. Print, sign, and return for processing. See fees