Alternate Proof of Identity:

The following may be used as proof of identify, if you are recognizable. You must send between 3 to 5 items (the more the better). All items must be 5 years old or older.

NOTE: Your Social Security Card does NOT prove your identity.

If none of the items listed above are available, you will need to submit:

1. A form of photo ID 
(Ex: High school yearbook with photo and name identifying you plus a copy of the cover of the yearbook to indicate the name of the school.) The yearbook is the best form of ID. Please note it must be at least 5 years old or older.

Other acceptable forms of photo ID (5 years old or older)

2. A person who can vouch for you. He/she must have known you for at least two years:

- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, AND
- Have valid ID.
- Fill out a Form DSP-71 in front of the passport agent. 

If applying for your child who is under age 13:

As a parent or legal guardian you may apply for your child. You and your child will both need to appear in person.

If applying for your minor child age 13 to 17: