Notice: Have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend!
Fellow Travelers, Trusted Partners: The COVID-19 pandemic has presented tremendous challenges to us all. In light of the health crisis, and in keeping in line with WHO guidelines as well as State issued Stay At Home Orders, we are temporarily closing our offices until the order is lifted- this will have no impact on Customer Service as regular customer service hours will be maintained. We are here for you. If there is an emergency and you need to visit one of our offices we ask that you first contact us via customer service to arrange a visit. We very much appreciate your understanding, trust, and support during these difficult times. Stay safe- Passport Visas Express
Mon-Fri 9:00am to 6:00pm EST
Have a Travel Emergency?
If you have a travel emergency and need immediate assistance during the weekend or after regular business hours, please call our emergency number: (202) 345-4943. Please don't hesitate to call if you really need help right now - that's what we are here for!
A Brief Introduction to Kazakhstan Visas
A Kazkhstan visa is a permit issued by the Kazakhstan visa authorities to an alien for entry into, exit from or transit through Kazakhstan. The Kazakhstan visa authorities may issue a Tourist, Business, Diplomatic, Official or several other types of Kazkhstan visas depending on your purpose of visit to Kazakhstan and your passport type.
The overseas Kazakhstan visa authorities are Kazakhstan embassies, consulates, and other offices authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan. If a foreigner intends to enter into, exit from or transit through Kazakhstan territory, he/she shall apply for a Kazakhstan visa to the above-mentioned Kazakhstan visa authorities.
Types of Kazakhstan Visa
1. Tourist Kazakhstan visa: Issued to an alien who comes to Kazakhstan for sightseeing, family visiting or other private purposes. A letter of invitation or visa support is not required for those requesting a single entry visa and staying less than 30 days.
2. Business Kazakhstan visa: issued to foreign citizens and persons without citizenship traveling to Kazakhstan for business (to attend business negotiations, forums, market research, etc.). A letter of invitation or visa support is not required for those requesting a single entry visa and staying less than 30 days.
3. Transit Kazakhstan visa: valid for 72 hours. Applicants must present a valid visa for the destination country (if applicable) as well as provide an itinerary or airline tickets with confirmation of the departure date from Kazakhstan.
4. Diplomatic Kazakhstan visa: For all representatives of the US Government and US Agencies who are travelling to Kazakhstan on diplomatic purposes, an official letter from the Special Issuance Agency, Passport Services of the United States Department of State or sending Government body has to be provided. Diplomatic visas are registered without levy of consular fees.
5. Official Kazakhstan visa: For all representatives of the US Government and US Agencies who are travelling to Kazakhstan on official purposes, an official letter from the Special Issuance Agency, Passport Services of the United States Department of State or sending Government body has to be provided. Official visas are registered without levy of consular fees.
6. Investor Kazakhstan visa: issued to genuine investors - managers and representatives of managerial staff of major foreign companies, operating in the Kazakhstan market or who have genuine plans to develop business projects.
7. Work Kazakhstan visa: Unless stated otherwise by an international treaty or agreement of the Republic of Kazakhstan Work visas are issued upon provision of a "Permission for Foreign Labor Recruitment" or other accepted document.
8. Study visa: issued with permission of the immigration police upon application of educational institutions enrollment.
9. Visas for medical treatment are issued to foreigners and persons without citizenship traveling to Kazakhstan for treatment, medical checks, consultations and similar reasons upon application of the relevant institutions and organizations confirming the character of the invitation.
10. Visas for permanent residence are issued upon provision of documents stipulated by Kazakhstan legislation.
Apply for a Kazakhstan visa now.