Gearing Up for the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia
Now is the time to make preparations for the 2014 XXII Olympic Games! Set this year in the lovely resort town by the Black Sea, Sochi, from February 7 to February 23, you will want the following ready before you begin packing and planning your gold-medal itinerary:
1. A Russian visa. All US citizens must have a Russian visa to enter Russia and attend the Sochi Olympics. If you need one expedited, or just some plain help in obtaining yours, we have options for you! Russian visas have been notoriously difficult
to be approved for, thanks to a middleman the Russian Consulate has recently employed to process their visas for them—so consider our professional services to save you time and headaches.
If you would like simple Russian visa support, Passport Visas Express.com offers an exclusive Visa Pre-Check Service
in which we review your application and provide support to maximize your chances of visa approval to attend the Olympics.
If you would like for us to simply take care of the whole process for you—soup to nuts—we provide a variety of regular to expedited rates of service. Click here
to participate in the full service. We can turn around a visa to Russia for you in as fast as 6 business days.
2. Confirm your passport. In order to obtain the Russian visa to the Olympics, your US passport will need to be valid for at least 6 months after your departure date from Russia. If you don’t have yours or need to renew yours, there’s no better time to apply now
3. Enroll in the necessary and totally free STEP
program, whereby the State Department can reach you with alerts and messages, and you can quickly reach them as well for any emergency services. This is extremely helpful for any visitors to the Olympic Games.
Not a US citizen? We can still help! We offer visa services
for international travelers to Russia as well.
Regarding tickets, here is some information from the State Department:
Tickets to Olympic & Paralympic Events
CoSport is the official ticket reseller for the Sochi 2014 Olympics for U.S. residents. To purchase individual tickets or hospitality packages, visit their website or call 1-877-457-4647.
A few important things to remember when looking for tickets…
- Be aware of scams, fake Olympic ticket websites, and unlicensed ticket resellers.
- Tickets must be purchased from an authorized retailer. Spectators may be refused entry for tickets purchased from someone other than an authorized retailer. It is illegal to resell Olympic tickets.
- Under Russian law, ticket scalping is punishable by an administrative fine. For individuals, the fine can amount to five and ten times the cost of admission; for officials, between ten and twenty times the cost of admission; and for legal entities, between five hundred thousand to one million rubles, or administrative suspension of activity for up to ninety days.
Russian Olympics Spectator Passes
In addition to a valid ticket, fans will also be required to obtain a “Spectator Pass.” Applying for the Spectator Pass is part of the security regime for the Games and will subject the ticket holder to a background check administered by the Federal Security Services. Detailed information on procedures for obtaining a Spectator Pass will be available on the official 2014 Sochi website. The U.S. Embassy in Moscow will also provide additional details as information becomes available.
Need more handy information on Sochi or the Olympics? Check out the State Department site
for links and tips. Need more information on traveling to Russia? Check out our Russia Country News
for the latest trends and tips on what traveling to the Russian Federation entails. With all the recent changes to the process of applying and obtaining a tourist visa to Russia, we at Passport Visas Express.com are on top of it. Spend your time choosing games and stars to follow, and leave the nitty-gritty to us!
Here's How to Apply:
Select the Visa Type you need to find out more information about how to apply:
Do you need help?
If you need assistance applying for a passport, renewing your current passport or adding passport pages to your passport Passport Visas Express.com can help.