Brazil Permanent Visa
Requirements for Brazil Permanent Visa
- Family reunion;
- Transfer of residence following retirement;
- Personal investment in Brazil;
- Intra-company transferees to work as managers, directors, or executives;
- Job offer at a Brazilian research, scientific, or academic organization based on field of expertise;
- Manager or director of a religious or social assistance organization;
- Procedures for Family Reunion
Applicants are requested to submit a letter stating the reason for moving to Brazil, together with the following documentation (all supporting documentation that has not originated in Brazil must be authenticated by the Consular Service. Copies of Brazilian supporting documents must be notarized by a "Cartório" in Brazil. Original Brazilian documents do not required notarization):
- Two visa application forms per applicant, properly filled out (front and back) and duly signed (parents must sign for those under 18 years old
- Two recent 2" x 2" passport-type photo, in color or black and white, front view, full face, light background (snapshots are not accepted);
- Authenticated copy of the passport pages of identification;
- If applicable, marriage certificate or birth certificate;
- Recent (i.e. less than 90 days) non-criminal record issued by FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation;
- Proof of residence for at least one year in the consular jurisdiction;
From the sponsor in Brazil:
- Copy of identification card, CIC (or a signed and legalized statement, informing the reason for not filing Income Tax in Brazil) and voter title (for Brazilians only);
- Formal affidavit ("compromisso de manutenção") drawn or authenticated at a "Cartório" or at a Consular Office on the applicant's behalf;
From the applicant or sponsor:
Document attesting to a confirmed job offer in Brazil, or proof of financial capability, or formal affidavit guaranteeing that applicant will be financially supported by an immediate family member or resident in Brazil.
Procedures for transfer of pension funds:
Submission to the Consular Service of the following documentation (all supporting documentation that is not originated in Brazil must be authenticated by the Consular Service. Copies of Brazilian supporting documents must be notarized by a "Cartório" in Brazil. Original Brazilian documents are not required notarization):
- Certificate issued by official institution attesting to applicant's retirement
- Documented proof issued by pension provider of monthly pension income of at least US$2,000.00. In case of a third dependent and over, an additional US$1,000.00 per dependent must be accounted for;
- Statement issued by an official organization certifying that pension funds can be transferred to Brazil on a monthly basis.
Upon receiving confirmation by the Embassy or Consulate that the application was approved (approval procedure may take over two months), you will then be required to submit the following documents:
- Your passport (valid for at least 6 months prior to its expiration date, and with at least two blank pages available for the visa stamp);
- A visa fee payment of US$200.00 per applicant. An additional non-refundable processing fee of US$ 130.00 per visa will be charged to US citizens in reciprocity for the identical fee paid by Brazilian citizens who apply for a visa to the United States of America;
A non-refundable handling fee of US$10.00 per visa applies to visa applications submitted by mail or by any individual other than the applicant or an immediate member of his or her family
- The requirements listed above should not, in any way, be considered all-inclusive.
- The Brazilian Consular Office processing the visa reserves the right to apply additional requirements when they are deemed necessary.
- First arrival in Brazil must take place within 90 days from the date the visa was issued.
Apply for your Brazil Visa
Here's How to Apply:
Select the Visa Type you need to find out more information about how to apply:
Do you need help?
If you need assistance applying for a passport, renewing your current passport or adding passport pages to your passport Passport Visas Express.com can help.