Brazil Crew Visa
Temporary Visa: VITEM-V
• Provision of services to the Brazilian Government, arising from an international agreement, contract, or undertaking to which Brazil is a party;
• Employment contract with a corporation or other legal entity based in Brazil;
• Technical assistance services arising from a contract, cooperation agreement, services agreement, or similar instrument signed with a foreign corporation or other legal entity;
• Professional training, without an employment relationship, immediately after the completion of vocational training or university education;
• Medical residency in an educational institution accredited by the Ministry of Education and Recreation;
• Employees of foreign companies admitted to work in Brazil as trainees or interns at a subsidiary or Brazilian branch of the foreign company, provided that they are paid exclusively outside of Brazil by that foreign company;
• Foreign instructors or professors who intend to travel to Brazil for a period of training in foreign language instruction;
• Crew members of foreign vessels traveling to Brazil to operate in waters under Brazilian jurisdiction, as required under a charter, services, or risk contract entered into with a Brazilian company;
• Crew members of foreign fishing vessels leased by Brazilian companies;
• Crew members or other professionals who perform paid activities aboard cruise vessels along the Brazilian coast, in the Amazon River basin, or in other inland waters.
The prior authorization by the Ministry of Labor may be waived for an emergency situation requiring the immediate presence of visa applicant in Brazil; beneficiaries, however, cannot apply for another emergency visa within a 6-month period.
Once a Type 5 Temporary Visa (VITEM V) has been authorized, the applicant should present to the Consular Service:
Two visa application forms per applicant, properly and completely filled in. Note: Every applicant must complete Item 21 of the visa application form, "Comments" (Purpose of Trip). In this section, the applicant must explain precisely what they are going to do while in Brazil. For especially complex trips, the applicant may submit details on an extra sheet of paper, if necessary. Each visa application form must be duly signed by the applicant (and parents must sign the application forms for those under 18 years of age), and must be submitted together with the following documentation:
• Passport with a minimum validity of six months (it must also have at least one blank page available for the visa stamp);
• For non-Americans returning to the United States, copy of green card or valid re-entry visa allowing for re-entry into the United States; For non-Americans without a green card or valid re-entry visa into the United States, valid visa to country of final destination after the trip to Brazil (this requirement does not apply to applicants returning to their country of citizenship);
• Two recent 2" x 2" passport-type photo, in color or black and white, front view, full face, light background (snapshots are not accepted);
• Proof of residence within the consular jurisdiction for the past 12 months;
• Recent (i.e. less than 90 days old) good conduct record issued by the (i.e., applicant's place of residence) police department/authority;
• Visa fee payment of US$240.00 per visa.;
• Copy of marriage certificate, birth certificate, or other official dependency document (if applying for an extended-stay visa to immediate family members);
• A person under 18 year of age not traveling with both parents or legal guardian(s) must provide a notarized letter of consent signed by the non-accompanying parent or guardian, together with appropriate payment to facilitate formal authentication by the Consular Service of the notarized letter of consent and, as applicable, the guardianship document (proof of guardianship is required)
Apply for a Brazil Visa
Here's How to Apply:
Select the Visa Type you need to find out more information about how to apply:
Do you need help?
If you need assistance applying for a passport, renewing your current passport or adding passport pages to your passport Passport Visas Express.com can help.