Previous China Visa Memo:

If you’ve been issued a Chinese visa before but current passport does not have that Chinese visa, you must submit the passport that has your last Chinese visa.
If you are unable to locate previous passport containing your last China visa, we recommend that you submit a signed letter addressed to China Consulate Los Angeles, Consular Section; explaining that the previous passport had been lost and you cannot produce a copy of the visa.